Wednesday, September 21, 2022

The Mystery of Listening to Ghosts πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

 The Satapur Moonstone (Perveen Mistry, #2)

    I read the second in the Perveen Mistry series, The Satapur Moonstone, by Sujata Massey. It was as good as the first. link to that review here Maybe better because a return reader had been introduced to the world of 1920s India. This adventure takes place outside of Bombay in the princely state of Satapur, where members of the ruling family are mysteriously dying. Perveen contends with hazardous travel, dangerous animals, and a tangled tale of who-done-it. I was guessing until the end. There is a third one that I'm excited to read.πŸ₯»πŸ”Ž

You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters

    I want to be a better listener--as long as I don't have to put down my phone. That candy is going to crush itself. πŸ¬πŸ”¨ You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters by Kate Murphy makes an excellent case for lifting my eyes from the screen to pay attention to others' words and their expressions and body language. I found the book readable, relatable, and applicable. I would recommend it to anyone seeking to connect with others: and who isn't after Covid lockdowns? Candy Crush doesn't feed the soul.πŸ‘‚πŸ™‰ 

The Dead Romantics

    I anticipated The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston to be a heavy literary book. I was so wrong. It is a paranormal romance fantasy. As Halloween approaches, this would be a perfect book for a romantic book club. It has impossible love and ghosts--lots-- and a midnight stroll in a cemetery with a ghost! The heroine has the rare ability to see ghosts. In the small town where she grew up, it got her labeled as the town weirdo, even though her parents ran a respectable funeral home. Right?! I found this book to be dexterously put together with ticking time bomb plot devices, captivating puzzles, chaos sorted, and wrongs righted.  Plus, of course, true love. πŸ‘»❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Week of Fun Stuff ❤️πŸͺ„

      I'm traveling this week and wanted something fun and easy to listen to on the plane. Party of Two  by Jasmine Guillory rocked it. ...