Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Some New Reads and Some Re-Reads


The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club, #1)

    I am fortunate to have a book club with my sister. We meet on Zoom. because we live several states apart. This year we are reading murder mysteries. We started with The Thursday Murder Club, one of the best books I've read this year. I re-read it for book club and savored how Richard Osman dropped hints and clues about the murders throughout the story. The lovely, quirky characters made me laugh again. Even though they are in their 70s and 80s, they evolve and change like strong characters do. 

I count a book as highly successful if you can re-read it and enjoy it, but better still if you see details you initially missed. Richard Osman for the win! ๐Ÿ“š⭐️๐Ÿ“š⭐️๐Ÿ“š⭐️

                                                     Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions

    I don't know if it was because I had a busy week or because I paused reading Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions by Mario Giordano for The Thursday Murder Club, but this didn't sparkle for me. I like to finish books, so I finished this one, but despite being humorous and set in exotic Sicily, it didn't grab me. It had good elements: fun characters, puzzling mystery, and hot policemen. It is the first in a series, but I won't be reading the others because life is short, and they are lots of books. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

The Gruffalo (Gruffalo, #1)

The Gruffalo's Child

    Several grandchildren visited this week, and I read The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson many times. I reviewed it earlier here. in-which-i-time-travel.html As part of fun things to do with Nana, we went to Barnes & Noble to get a book. I found this sequel to The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child. I bought it for my home collection. The Gruffalo warns his child about the legendary fearsome mouse living in the deep, dark woods. The child becomes bored and ventures out to see this mouse for himself. What's going to happen? ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Week of Fun Stuff ❤️๐Ÿช„

      I'm traveling this week and wanted something fun and easy to listen to on the plane. Party of Two  by Jasmine Guillory rocked it. ...