Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Love is Blind ❤️ and a Book I didn't Finish (DNF) πŸ˜”

 

  I've mentioned that I read romance and fantasy when the going gets tough. There is something comforting in knowing it will all be okay in the end. I enjoyed Katherine Center's Hello Stranger. It has an engaging premise. A long-struggling portrait artist is accepted in a juried contest to win $10,000 and many opportunities. She has six weeks to paint an original portrait. However, she becomes temporarily face-blind. She is unable to recognize anyone. Faces have become disjointed parts resembling a Piccaso painting, making it impossible to paint a portrait. Between her possible hunky veterinarian and suspiciously helpful and flirty neighbor, Sadie Montgomery can't see what to do.

πŸ‘€πŸ‘©‍πŸŽ¨πŸ›ΌπŸΎ

    When it comes to reading, I am a completist. I generally finish every book I start. I plow through books quickly so it is easier to finish even the less thrilling ones, hoping the story will come together. I was reading Wild Swans by Jung Chang this week and only noticed that it was biographical once. I was only a quarter through a 600+ page book. Wild Swans was easier to read as fiction because I trusted that the author would find a way to redeem the cruel oppression and bleakness of their lives. Real life isn't always that kind. It became difficult to continue, so I'm taking a DNF--did not finish, but I hope one day to return and find that these resilient women found a way to flourish.

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³πŸ’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

🫣 Intense Thriller😱, More Time Travel⏳, and Almost Done with My Latest Fantasy Series⚔️

      Master of the Revels  is the second in a series about time travel and witches. Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland wrote the first book...