Wednesday, September 4, 2024

👹 Demons Were a Theme this Week😈

 

    All's Well by Mona Awad is one of the weirdest books I've read. I wanted to put the book down several times but was desperate to know what happened. It was creepy in a get-in-your-head way but also unique and well-crafted. Awad weaves the plots of Shakespeare's Macbeth and All's Well That Ends Well into a modern-day tale of being powerless and power-hungry and how this can lead one to betrayal and worse.

😈🎭💊

    One of my daughters pointed me to Elisabeth Wheatley's channel on YouTube called Book Goblin. It's very accurate and funny. Here is a link:

 https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ly9s9YzkvsE?feature=share

    Wheatley's channel also features books she has written. I've looked on Libby to find them and have yet to be successful. I pictured Wheatley as a self-publisher. However, I did find her books on Audible and spent a precious credit to listen to Daindreth's Assassin, the first in the Daindreth's Assassin series. She could have benefited from a better editor. She rocks the plot, and her characters strive to be more than stereotypes. I enjoyed the book and am wrestling with the question of how many credits do I want to use on this five book--quintology?--series. I'm guessing that her writing, especially dialogue, will improve with time. I would like to access her books less expensively but should suck it up and support a creative making it work.

⚔️🥷👹

No comments:

Post a Comment

🫣 Intense Thriller😱, More Time Travel⏳, and Almost Done with My Latest Fantasy Series⚔️

      Master of the Revels  is the second in a series about time travel and witches. Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland wrote the first book...