Tuesday, July 21, 2026

πŸ‘΅πŸ»πŸ πŸ‘“πŸ‘½πŸ›ΈπŸͺMemoir and Science Fiction? Yes, Please!

 

    I have a Little Free Library outside my house, and someone put this lovely book inside it. Thank you! Oh No, Not the Home: Observations and Confessions of a Grandmother in Transition by Peggy Rowe reminds me of Erma Bombeck's book. They are full of observational humor about herself and people in her orbit. She makes jokes about the fun of getting old. I found her books warmhearted and giggly. I want to read some of her other books!

πŸ‘΅πŸ»πŸ πŸ‘“

Moss'd in Space Book Cover

    I picked up Moss'd in Space by Rebecca Thorne because a review said it was similar to The Murderbot Diaries. It is similar, but not the same. Thorne does a great job of creating a space world with interesting problems. On a space station, the artificial air adversely affects some inhabitants. The only cure is to live on a planet with good air; however, the only planet close to Space Station 13 does not want the station inhabitants. Our hero, Torian Raznor, has one remaining family member, her older sister, who is slowly coughing herself to death. Torian works for smugglers to earn money to buy her own starship. It is an abandoned alien spaceship covered in moss, but it is also what she can afford. Torian is a likable, caring character who needs a break to save her sister, get accepted to the sole planet in the solar system that can support life, figure out her alien starship, and forget about her non-romantic partner, former captain Amelia. I liked the cozy vibe of the book. It had a balance of action, character development, and relationship advice for alien spaceships with abandonment issues.

πŸ‘½πŸ›ΈπŸͺ

No comments:

Post a Comment

πŸ‘΅πŸ»πŸ πŸ‘“πŸ‘½πŸ›ΈπŸͺMemoir and Science Fiction? Yes, Please!

      I have a Little Free Library outside my house, and someone put this lovely book inside it. Thank you! Oh No, Not the Home: Observation...